...all about me, my life, and adventures while I'm living and being a nanny in Australia!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Life...

Well...I have been SUPER busy lately! Valletta (2) was extremely sick last week and we've been trying to get things ready for CHRISTMAS!!

Last weekend we went to to Gold Coast for Netta's brother's  (Peter) birthday! It was amazing! The weather was a bit dreary, but the Marriott was beautiful! There was a salt water pool with fish in it so you could actually snorkel and see fake coral reef and fish!! See pics here: First weeks in Australia

I got to go to church this past Sunday! I went to Hillsong Church and heard a great message from Pastor Brian Houston (Sydney's senior pastor) about putting HIM and everyone else before yourself...I really enjoyed it.  I also met some great girls on the bus on the way there after Su and I went through some crazy traveling via public transportation! FYI, you have to hail the buses or the literally ZOOM past! Crazy how things worked out and we met some great people though. I will DEFINITELY be returning!  And I REALLY want to go to the Sydney campus!! (Link: Hillsong Church)

I got a chance to go to the mall today...things are EXTREMELY overpriced here...or either the States are cheapo! HA! Just to get a pedicure was $40 and eyebrow threading was $30! CRAZY! I also got a Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte--very much the same as my beloved Caramel Brulee Latte at home :) THANK GOODNESS! Trying to figure out the buses and trains for public transportation is very stressful but I am finally starting to gain my footing around it with the help of friends! I get nervous every time I go somewhere for fear of getting lost!

I hate I'm not going to be home for the birth of my sweet little nieces! I know that Megan and Zane are going to fill in quite nicely for me though! :)

Hopefully Zane is going to get to come out for a while in March(ish). I'm very excited about the opportunity to be able to travel with him! He really is such a great support in this adventure for me and I'm forever grateful!

I've gotten a few Christmas cards from the States! THANK YOU!! I'm very sorry for the delay of my responses to some emails and messages too, I'm trying hard! :)

I miss everyone at home so much--especially with it being Christmas! I'm sorry I'm missing major events, but I'm really thankful for this opportunity! Plus, I'm getting to experience an 85 degree Christmas! AMAZING! I love you all!  Thank you for the continued support from everyone!  If you want to skype, please let me know times so we can work that out!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment