...all about me, my life, and adventures while I'm living and being a nanny in Australia!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Arrival in Australia

Well guys, I'm finally here! Everything is wonderful so far--hot and humid just like the south in the summertime!

It has been a long and grueling journey to get here, but I'm thankful for safe travels and such a warm welcome!  Zane and I spend Monday and Tuesday in LA.  We went to eat at Flemings Steakhouse Monday night and woke up Tuesday and went to Hard Rock to each lunch then went out to Venice beach, I'll post pics ASAP.  As you can imagine, I was stressed out and worried about flying out that night... but Zane sent me off successfully (and only a few tears ;)! ) I went through so many time zones, trying to sleep and plane changes I was pretty oblivious to where I was.  I landed in New Zealand on the 2nd (after leaving the States on the 30th-ugh) and then caught another plane to Brisbane.  After a ridiculous wait in line to pass through customs and immigration and finding all my bags (thankfully they made it safely), I FINALLY met Antoinette and Gary at the airport and rode to their house and got things settled throughout the afternoon.

Thus far, I haven't seen much of Australia.  I've been way to jet lagged and tired and trying to unpack, but I'm sure it'll all happen soon enough.  We have a trip to Valletta's (2) concert at her daycare this afternoon! I'm very excited for the things that are happening in my life and feel very blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I cried when I read this.. You're really gone! I'm gonna miss you so much! So happy that you're finally getting to do this, you've been wanting it for so long. Love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete